Risk Advisory Services
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Justin is a board member and past president of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Miami chapter and serves on the IIA’s Global Professional Development Committee.
Justin Gwin leads the governance, risk and internal controls services for Kaufman Rossin’s risk advisory services practice. He helps clients manage and mitigate risk across a variety of industries, including manufacturing & distribution, financial services, real estate, nonprofit, professional services and technology.
He has more than a decade of experience in financial, operational and IT-related controls testing. Justin’s specialties include business process control assessments, compliance reviews, information technology and security evaluations, risk management assurance, Service Organization Control (SOC) reporting, SOX compliance and external quality assessment reviews.
After beginning his career with Kaufman Rossin in the assurance services department, he spent four years at Mazars, our Praxity affiliate firm, in London. While abroad, he gained extensive knowledge of the financial services industry by conducting internal audits, compliance examinations and controls evaluations for global corporations. He rejoined Kaufman Rossin in 2013.
He earned a master’s degree in accounting from the University of Missouri-Columbia, including a graduate certificate in information systems.
He is a board member and past president of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Miami chapter and serves on the IIA’s Global Professional Development Committee. In addition, Justin is a member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA).
Justin is a Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified in COSO Internal Controls, and a Certified Public Accountant in Florida. He is also Certified in Risk Management Assurance and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control.
- How to Audit Corporate Culture
- The Evolving Role of Internal Audit
- Kaufman Rossin Designates Three as Associate Principal
- Don’t Underestimate The Value Of An Internal Audit
- Reducing External Audit Fees by Leveraging the Internal Audit Function
- The Value of Auditing Corporate Culture
- Former Con-Man Frank Abagnale Talks Fraud Prevention at ACFE/IIA Conference
- Internal Controls: 5 Common Challenges for Small Businesses
- The Value of Internal Audit for Your Organization
- Kaufman Rossin’s Justin Gwin Named IIA Miami President
- 4 Ways an Internal Audit Can Minimize Risk to Your Company
- 4 Steps for Updating Your Internal Controls Framework
- The Time is Now to Upgrade Your COSO Internal Controls Framework!