Do your safeguards need a check-up?
On February 17, 2010 the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act was passed changing the landscape of the healthcare industry dramatically. Incentives, sanctions and penalties regarding non-compliance with the security and privacy of electronic protected health information were implemented for healthcare providers and their business associates.
The HITECH Act requires administrative, physical and technical safeguards in each covered entity and business associate.
The HITECH Act has established new provisions for the safeguarding of Protected Healthcare Information (PHI) by healthcare organizations (covered entities) and business associates. Organizations required to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) are subject to new regulations issued by the HHS for breach notification.
Kaufman, Rossin can help. Our team of nationally certified information security consultants adheres to globally accepted standards, HIPAA Security Rule and HITECH Act to meet your most challenging compliance and information security needs.
Our services include:
- HIPAA Security Rule/HITECH Act Compliance
- Identity Theft Red Flags Compliance
- Privacy Audit
- Internal Audit Support
- IT Governance and Program Development
- Risk Analysis and Risk Management Plan
- Information Security policies and procedures documentation
- Disaster Recovery / Contingency Plan
- Red Flags Identity Theft Program
- Information Security Program
- Business Associates Management / Due Diligence
- Incident Response and Notification Program
- Retention and disposal procedures
- Security Testing and Assessment
- Network Security Testing (Internal and External)
- Wireless Security Testing
- Vulnerability Scanning (Internal and External)
- Social Engineering Testing
- Physical Penetration Testing
- Service Organization Control Reports