This important role in our fast growing Hedge Fund practice includes client relationships, assisting our Fund Administration and Audit Groups, technical tax compliance and consulting work, and managing staff. Our Hedge Fund practice provides fund administration, investor services, audit, and tax services to over 200 clients.
- Reviewing and preparing yearly tax filings for Hedge Fund, Private Equity Funds, Real Estate Funds, and Funds’ general partners and investment managers;
- Performing security analysis and calculating various Fund tax adjustments;
- Reviewing and preparing complex partner tax allocations;
- Assisting Fund Administration business on resolving day-to-day tax issues;
- Communicating with federal and state tax authorities, as needed;
- Researching tax treatment of complex financial instruments and corporate actions of Funds; and
- Assisting in the tax planning for Funds, including structuring new Funds and optimizing existing Fund’s tax strategies.
- CPA, MS in tax a plus;
- Requires minimum of 5-8 years of recent experience with strong tax compliance and research background;
- Strong knowledge of the partnership tax accounting rules (with a focus on hedge funds a plus);
- Expertise in the financial service industry;
- Strong team player and a commitment to high quality, detailed work;
- Self-starter with ability to deal with multiple priorities; and
- Have a passion for client service and strong communication skills.