Kaufman Rossin is seeking Senior-level accounting professionals to join our dynamic Tax Services team in Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Our Tax group provides planning and tax compliance services to inbound and outbound owner/entrepreneurial clients.
- Prepare complex tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, private equity funds, etc.
- First level review of returns prepared by interns and lower level staff
- Proactively assist Managers in interacting with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related issues, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Manage engagement budgets effectively
- Assist in training and mentoring interns and staff
- Resolve minor issues directly with the IRS and other tax authorities
- Dedicate time to professional development and business development activities
- Bachelor’s in Accounting required
- Master’s in Taxation, required
- CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of all tax provisions
- Requires a minimum of 3-4 years of recent experience with strong tax preparation (1040s, 1065s, 1120, 1120s) in a public accounting firm
- Team player and a commitment to high quality, detailed work
- Self-starter with the ability to deal with multiple priorities
- Ability to deal with clients and a good “executive presence”
- Strong computer skills, and experience in a paperless environment
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) desirable
Successful candidates will be able to work in small teams as well as independently, in a fast-paced environment. Candidates that are able to multi-task, pay attention to details, and think outside of the box will have an advantage.