Risk Advisory Services
Alejandro inspires business innovation by advising clients on data, infrastructure and risk management strategies.
Alejandro Mijares works hand-in-hand with chief information security officers and business leaders to effectively develop and execute a variety of IT, information security and digitalization tactics. He inspires business innovation by advising clients on data, infrastructure and risk management strategies.
He specializes in providing IT internal audit, system validation and security review services to financial institutions supervised by the FDIC, FRB, State of Florida and OCC. He also conducts IT/IS Technical Risk Assessments and GLBA Risk Assessments for financial institutions throughout the United States.
Alejandro conducts IT-related presentations and webinars. In addition to being named a 2017 Top-Rated Speaker by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), approximately 90% of his webinar attendees have described his presentations as “excellent.” He has also been quoted by news sources including the Daily Business Review, ComputerWorld, PropertyCasualty360, Diario Las Americas and Notimex.
Before joining Kaufman Rossin in 2015, Alejandro spent a combined seven years with Big Four firms where he provided IT and accounting services to Fortune 200 companies.
He earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Information Systems from California State University – Chico, and earned his Master of Science in Management Information Systems from Florida International University. He is bilingual in English and Spanish.
Alejandro is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC). He is a member of ISACA and Chairman of the Operation & Technology and Young Professional Committees for the Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA).
- Steering Clear of Malware, Bots and Phish-Infested Waters
- América Latina puede no estar preparado para manejar los ataques cibernéticos
- Banks: Prepare for the New Faces of Fraud
- El “ransomware” es el ataque cibernético más común en América Latina
- What Banks Need to Know About FFIEC’s New Cybersecurity Assessment Tool
- Social Engineering: Employees Could Be Your Weakest Link
- 7 Best Practices for Vendor Management for Banks
- Kaufman Rossin Expands Risk Advisory Services with Alejandro Mijares