Risk Advisory Services
Alejandro has effectively performed IT assessments, IT controls reviews, and evaluation of IT governance regulations and processes for more than 25 banks and foreign agencies in Florida.
Alejandro Mijares joined Kaufman Rossin in 2015 and is a member of our Risk Advisory Services consulting practice. He provides internal IT audit, system validation, and security review services to financial institutions supervised by the FDIC, FRB, State of Florida, and OCC. Alejandro is also involved with IT Technical Risk Assessment and GLBA Risk Assessments for financial institutions throughout South Florida.
His work experience includes analyzing and evaluating information technology security risks and internal controls, process mapping, system validation, SSAE 16 review services, and providing Sarbanes-Oxley external and internal audits for clients in a variety of industries including financial services companies, healthcare, retail, and high-tech. He has effectively performed IT assessments, IT controls reviews, and evaluation of IT governance regulations and processes for more than 25 banks and foreign agencies in Florida. Prior to joining Kaufman Rossin, Alejandro spent a combined 7 years with Deloitte & Touche, McGladrey, and PwC providing IT and accounting services to Fortune 200 companies.
Alejandro earned his Bachelors of Science in Accounting and Information Systems from California State University – Chico, and earned his Masters of Science in Management Information Systems from Florida International University. He is bilingual in English and Spanish.
Alejandro is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and a member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and a member of the Operation & Technology and Young Professional Committees for the Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA).
- Steering Clear of Malware, Bots and Phish-Infested Waters
- América Latina puede no estar preparado para manejar los ataques cibernéticos
- Banks: Prepare for the New Faces of Fraud
- El “ransomware” es el ataque cibernético más común en América Latina
- What Banks Need to Know About FFIEC’s New Cybersecurity Assessment Tool
- Social Engineering: Employees Could Be Your Weakest Link
- 7 Best Practices for Vendor Management for Banks
- Kaufman Rossin Expands Risk Advisory Services with Alejandro Mijares