Alejandro Mijares, CISA
Risk Advisory Services
Alejandro Mijares works hand-in-hand with chief information security officers and business leaders to effectively develop and execute a variety of IT, information security and digitalization tactics. He inspires business innovation by advising clients on data, infrastructure and risk management strategies.
He specializes in providing IT internal audit, system validation and security review services to financial institutions supervised by the FDIC, FRB, State of Florida and OCC. He also conducts IT/IS Technical Risk Assessments and GLBA Risk Assessments for financial institutions throughout the United States.
Alejandro conducts IT-related presentations and webinars. In addition to being named a 2017 Top-Rated Speaker by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), approximately 90% of his webinar attendees have described his presentations as “excellent.” He has also been quoted by news sources including the Daily Business Review, ComputerWorld, PropertyCasualty360, Diario Las Americas and Notimex.
Before joining Kaufman Rossin in 2015, Alejandro spent a combined seven years with Big Four firms where he provided IT and accounting services to Fortune 200 companies.
Alejandro is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC). He is a member of ISACA and Chairman of the Operation & Technology and Young Professional Committees for the Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA). He is bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, California State University – Chico,
- Master of Science, Management in Information Systems, Florida International University,
- Cybersecurity: How to Prevent, Detect, and Recover from Cyberattacks, ISACA Central Maryland Chapter, 2018
- Risk Management and Control, ISACA Central Maryland Chapter, 2018
- Sound IT Audit Based on FFIEC IT Booklets, ISACA, 2018
- Connecting the Dots: GBA Risk Assessment, ISACA, 2018
- Vendor Management Best Practices for Banks, FFIEC Supervisory Updates and Emerging Issues for Community Financial Institutions, 2018
- Hacking Techniques – Live Demo with a Hacker, FELABAN CELAES, 2018
- Cybercrime: Maximizing Opportunities and Minimizing Threats for Financial Institutions, The Knowledge Group, 2017
- Cybersecurity: Threat to Banks, ISACA (Las Vegas), 2017
- Risky Business: Detecting RDC Deposit Fraud Today and Tomorrow, The Knowledge Group, 2017
- Banking Groups Push for National Cybersecurity Standards
- Banks: Prepare for the New Faces of Fraud
- 7 Best Practices for Vendor Management for Banks
- América Latina puede no estar preparada para manejar los ataques cibernéticos
- El “ransomware” es el ataque cibernético más común en América Latina
- What Banks Need to Know About FFIEC’s New Cybersecurity Assessment Tool
- Social Engineering: Employees Could Be Your Weakest Link
- Kaufman Rossin Expands Risk Advisory Services with Alejandro Mijares