Byron M. Brown, CPA, CFF, CFE
Principal, Forensic, Advisory and Valuation Services
Byron M. Brown joined Kaufman Rossin in 2010 and is a principal in our Forensic, Advisory and Valuation Services department. Byron’s experience includes providing forensic investigatory and dispute related services including managing fraud investigations, advising and executing on the exercise of contractual audit rights, advocating and resolving purchase price disputes, and formulating damage calculations.
Byron is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Florida, a Certified Fraud Examiner, and Certified in Financial Forensics. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Florida International University
- Defending Against Clawbacks from Bankrupt Clients, The Daily Business Review In-House Corporate Counsel Summit, 2012
- Fraud Risk Assessment, The Institute of Internal Auditor’s All Star Conference, 2007
- Fraud Risk Assessment, The Institute of Internal Auditor’s Financial Services Conference, 2007
- Management Override Fraud Risk, Deloitte & Touche LLP CPE Day, 2007
- Fraud Risk Assessment, The Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics’ Workshop, 2007
- Fraud Awareness and Best Practices in Fraud Risk Assessment, The Institute of Internal Auditor’s Fraud Seminar, 2007
- Fraud & Fraud Risk Assessment, University of South Florida’s Accounting Circle Conference, 2006
- Risk Assessment & Fraud, Deloitte & Touche LLP CPE Day, 2005