Risk Advisory Services
Boca Raton, FL
Roberto has over eight years of prior experience in the accounting field through a combination of industry experience and public accounting.
Roberto Valdez specializes in information technology advisory and assurance services, leveraging technology to help businesses mitigate risk, protect their information and achieve their goals. He works with clients to identify, manage and combat cyber security threats such as phishing attacks, ransomware and data breaches.
He provides cyber security assessments, IT risk assessments and IT general controls services. In addition, he spearheads PhishNet, Kaufman Rossin’s phishing awareness and training program. Through various customized exercises, Rob helps businesses thwart targeted phishing attacks designed to acquire sensitive information, attain credentials or distribute malicious code.
Rob’s IT assurance expertise includes service organization controls (SOC) reports, HIPAA security compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance and system examinations.
He advises clients across the technology, financial and healthcare sectors, and often works with software developers, B2B service organizations, medical service providers, healthcare services support providers and financial services professionals.
Before joining Kaufman Rossin in 2015, Rob performed financial statement audits, employee benefit plan audits and attestation engagements for public and private companies, as well as governmental entities. These engagements touched a range of industries, including utilities, manufacturing, retail, non-profit foundations and educational institutions, financial services, technology and healthcare.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of North Texas, and earned his master’s degree in accounting from Florida Atlantic University. Rob is bilingual in English and Spanish.
Rob holds a CPA license in the state of Florida and is the director of corporate relations for the Information Systems Audit and Control Association’s (ISACA) South Florida chapter. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA).
- FAQ: Basics of Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies
- Firms Go Phishing to Bolster Company Cybersecurity
- Are You Driving Without A Seat Belt? It’s Time to Review Your Cyber Security Program
- Want to Improve Cybersecurity? Try Phishing Your Own Employees
- Want To Keep Employees From Getting Phished? Phish Them First.
- Steering Clear of Malware, Bots and Phish-Infested Waters
- Data Breach Report: Phishing a Top Threat for 2017
- The New “IRS” Scam You Might See This Tax Season
- Is Your Company Behind in Defending Against Social Engineering Attacks?
- Layer Your Defenses as Healthcare Cyber Security Attacks Increase
- Beware of Fake IRS Emails this Tax Season