Roberto Valdez, CISA,CPA
Risk Advisory Services
Roberto Valdez specializes in information technology advisory and assurance services, leveraging technology to help businesses mitigate risk, protect their information and achieve their goals. He works with clients to identify, manage and combat cybersecurity threats such as phishing attacks, ransomware and data breaches.
He provides cybersecurity, information security, IT governance, risk, and compliance services. In addition, he spearheads PhishNet by Kaufman Rossin, a security education training and awareness program delivered through simulated phishing attacks. Rob’s IT assurance expertise includes service organization controls (SOC) reports, HIPAA security compliance, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance.
He advises clients across the technology, financial services and healthcare sectors, and often works with software developers, B2B service organizations, medical service providers, healthcare services support providers and financial services professionals.
Rob holds a CPA license in the state of Florida and is the director of corporate relations for ISACA's South Florida chapter. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA). Rob is also an adjunct professor for Florida Atlantic University's College of Business.
Rob is bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Master of Accountancy. Accounting. Florida Atlantic University.
- Bachelor of Business Administration. Finance. University of North Texas.
- Cyber Assurance, FICPA CPE Seminar, 2017
- Defending Your Bank From Phishing and Ransomware, Florida International Bankers Association – Webinar, 2017
- Blockchain for Business: Hope and Hype
- FAQ: Basics of Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies
- Firms Go Phishing to Bolster Company Cybersecurity
- Are You Driving Without A Seat Belt? It’s Time to Review Your Cyber Security Program
- Want to Improve Cybersecurity? Try Phishing Your Own Employees
- Want To Keep Employees From Getting Phished? Phish Them First.
- Steering Clear of Malware, Bots and Phish-Infested Waters
- Data Breach Report: Phishing a Top Threat for 2017
- The New “IRS” Scam You Might See This Tax Season
- Is Your Company Behind in Defending Against Social Engineering Attacks?
- Layer Your Defenses as Healthcare Cyber Security Attacks Increase
- Beware of Fake IRS Emails this Tax Season