Roberto Valdez, CISM,CISA,CPA
Risk Advisory Services
Roberto Valdez specializes in information technology advisory and assurance services, leveraging technology to help businesses mitigate risk, protect their information, and achieve their strategic objectives. He works with clients to identify, manage and combat cybersecurity threats–such as phishing attacks, ransomware and data breaches–while meeting compliance requirements.
Rob's engagements balance business needs with requirements of compliance frameworks such as SOC 1,2,3; HIPAA; SOX; FINRA; and FFIEC. In addition, he spearheads PhishNet by Kaufman Rossin, a security education training and awareness program delivered through simulated phishing attacks. Clients frequently include technology developers, financial services providers, and healthcare organizations.
Rob holds a CPA license in Florida and is the current president of ISACA's South Florida chapter. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA). Rob is also an adjunct professor for Florida Atlantic University.
Rob is bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Master of Accountancy, Accounting, Florida Atlantic University,
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, University of North Texas,
- Cyber Assurance, FICPA CPE Seminar, 2017
- Defending Your Bank From Phishing and Ransomware, Florida International Bankers Association – Webinar, 2017
- Blockchain for Business: Hope and Hype
- FAQ: Basics of Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies
- Are You Driving Without A Seat Belt? It’s Time to Review Your Cyber Security Program
- Data Breach Report: Phishing a Top Threat for 2017
- The New “IRS” Scam You Might See This Tax Season
- Is Your Company Behind in Defending Against Social Engineering Attacks?
- Beware of Fake IRS Emails this Tax Season
- Want to Improve Cybersecurity? Try Phishing Your Own Employees
- Want To Keep Employees From Getting Phished? Phish Them First.
- Steering Clear of Malware, Bots and Phish-Infested Waters
- Layer Your Defenses as Healthcare Cyber Security Attacks Increase
- Cybersecurity Tip: What Is Social Engineering?
- Cybersecurity 101 for Businesses: Defending Against Phishing, Ransomware and Other Risks