Information Security & Compliance
Jorge is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT).
Jorge Rey is the Director of Information Security and Compliance at Kaufman Rossin Recognized by the South Florida Business Journal as one of top professionals under the age of 40, he is responsible for managing and performing a variety of IT advisory engagements for companies in the financial services, healthcare, retail and technology industries. He is a frequent speaker and has been quoted or featured in many major publications including The Miami Herald, ComputerWorld, ABA Banking Journal, Healthcare Fraud, and others.
Jorge helps organizations ranging from startups to large public and privately held companies address information security, compliance and IT needs. He brings notable experience in information management and governance, IT security, risk management, technology and consulting to his clients. He is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT). He holds a master's degree in Information Technology from Nova Southeastern University and a certificate in Administration of Information Security, recognized by the National Security Agency (NSA).
Jorge is Chairman of the West Palm Beach chapter of the Association of Records Managers Administrators and past participant in the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) metrics group.
- How Financial Firms Can Meet Cybersecurity Expectations
- What Broker-Dealers and RIAs Should Know About SEC Cyber Security Exams
- Funds Fear Cyber Attacks on Banks
- Desk Audits Are Coming, But What Are They Like?
- More Actions You Can Take to Buttress Your Firm's Cybersecurity
- Be Proactive to Avoid HIPAA Violations
- How to Protect Customer Data from Cyber Criminals
- Keys to Surviving HIPAA
- Warning: Every Business Associate Poses Risk to Your Hospital
- Business Associates Are in Healthcare Data Breach Spotlight This Year
- It’s Time to Comply with New HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- Lessons from Texas Hospital Data Breach: Don’t Let This Happen to You
- New HIPAA rules: Make Sure You Are in Compliance Because Your Liability Has Increased
- Breached: Health Data Security has Sprung an Expensive Leak
- How to Protect Your Business Against Cybercrime
- Get Set: New HIPAA has Teeth
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule – Are You in Compliance with New Breach Notification Requirements?
- Device theft poses greatest risk for health data breaches
- Checklist: Do Your Healthcare Data Safeguards Need a Check-up?
- How Secure is the Health Care Industry?
- Storm safety: Tips for safeguarding your financial records, data
- Keep ePHI off portable devices to secure data: Report
- Medical ID theft: Double danger for doctors
- Healthcare Industry: Are your records at risk?
- HITECH Act Three Years Later - Are Health Records Safe?
- How to Prevent Business Identity Theft
- Create STRONG passwords that you won't forget!
- Should Doctors Stop Patients From Taking Smartphone Pictures?
- Next on Biz Talk radio show: How to Prevent Business Identity Theft
- Miami has IT strengths to build on, not all in the industry
- Preventing a Data Breach and Protecting Health Records
- Keys to Securing Data as a Practitioner
- How to choose the right Service Organization Controls report
- 8 Tips to Defend Against Online Financial Fraud Threats
- Hackers Target South Florida Businesses
- Alert : Business Identity Theft - What Every CFO and CEO Should Know
- Are You Sure Your Data is Secure?
- CEOs and CFOs are more involved in security policy decisions
- What Does the New SSAE No. 16 Audit Report Mean for Banks?
- Carelessness Behind Many Health Data Breaches
- KRCO Study: Healthcare Information Lost, Stolen from 5M Individuals
- Assuring Good Controls at Service Providers is Getting Easier
- From SAS 70 to SSAE No. 16 - and Everything in Between
- If You Think Identity Theft is Solely Your Customer's Problem, Think Again
- Hurricanes are no joke.
- 7 tips to protect your new venture
- Who is guarding your wall?
- Avoid Penalties for not Protecting Health Records: free seminar
- Avoid Penalties for not Protecting Health Records
- Your business could be at risk
- Concerned about vendors who touch your data?
- The best laid plans...implementing document retention policies
- Best practices for litigation readiness
- Millions at stake
- Clean up your room...the risk is real.
- Discuss data security before disaster arises