Risk Advisory Services
Ivan has extensive experience in anti-money laundering, USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, FCPA, and internal corporate investigations and compliance matters.
Ivan has over 20 years of public accounting experience and is the firm’s Risk Advisory Services Practice Leader. He focuses his practice on providing risk management, forensic accounting and regulatory compliance consulting services to private and publicly traded companies and financial institutions.
He has extensive experience evaluating risk management programs, internal controls, anti-fraud and anti-money laundering programs, USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control compliance programs. Ivan has assisted numerous companies and financial institutions respond to regulatory enforcement actions related to such matters. He has also conducted numerous internal corporate investigations into alleged asset misappropriation, financial reporting, money laundering and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations.
Ivan has advised a wide range of companies and financial institutions from small privately owned businesses to large multinational institutions in the United States, Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean.
He earned a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a Master's degree in Taxation from Florida International University. He is also bilingual in English and Spanish.
Ivan is a Certified Public Accountant in Florida, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified in Financial Forensics and Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist. Ivan is the President of the South Florida Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists and Cuban-American CPA Association.
- Gauging Company Culture Using Internal Audit
- This Sunny Florida Town Has a Shady Reputation for Fueling America’s Illegal Drug Trade
- Deregulation: What Many Bankers Have Been Waiting For
- Former Con-Man Frank Abagnale Talks Fraud Prevention at ACFE/IIA Conference
- Kaufman Rossin in the Community: Communities in Schools
- South Florida Banks File More 'Red Flag' Reports than Other Florida Banks, Report Shows
- Squeezed: Banks Have No Easy Path on De-Risking
- Miami Money Laundering 101
- Part 2 - License to Launder: Cash, Cops and the Cartels
- License to Launder: Cash, Cops and the Cartels
- CFPB Mortgage Changes Would Boost American Homeownership
- 700 Miami Businesses Targeted by FinCEN Order
- 700 South Florida Electronics Companies Under Scrutiny for Drug Laundering
- 700 Miami Businesses Under Dragnet for Money Laundering
- FinCEN Targets 700 Miami Exporters in AML Crackdown
- AML Efforts Face Renewed Focus on SARs, Beneficial Ownership Data
- Podcast: Banks Double Down on AML Compliance
- Compliance Officers Discuss BSA/AML Challenges at Banking Roundtable
- Kaufman Rossin's Ivan Garces Appointed to FIBA Board of Directors
- Does Your Customer’s Money Arrive in an Armored Car?
- Bank Mergers, Acquisitions Likely to Stay Sluggish into 2013
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. "Together, We Must" Campaign Leadership Committee
- Kaufman Rossin CPAs Named South Florida Legal Guide's Top CPAs
- TD Bank expert says bank looked at Rothstein alerts
- Combating Money Laundering: Do More Than Just Go Through the Motions
- What Lessons Learned From The Great Recession?
- Capital Sources: Record year of penalties sheds light on OFAC
- Capital Sources: Banks Urged to Step up Vigilance
- Capital Sources: Balancing Anti-Terror Rules with Client Convenience
- Are you at risk for fraud? (If you're in business, the answer's yes.)
- Assembling the Right Team Can Prevent Investigation from Spinning Out of Control