Now’s the time to reinvent your business model.
What’s your strategy for the new era of retail?
Even before the pandemic, retail was expanding into a multitude of new channels. Now, the business of selling has been completely upended—and the need for a robust e-commerce operation is just the start of it. The new challenge is to effectively link all your fulfillment channels—online sales, in store sales, BOPIS (buy online pick up in store), curbside pick-up, home delivery and more. And these channels need to work in concert, or everything breaks down.
How well do you know your customers?
Do you really know what they want, and how they want to interact with your product or brand? Do you have the data insights to drive informed decisions? As important as e-commerce is, brick-and-mortar is here to stay. And consumer experience is king—it’s essential that customers always get the experience you promised – one that feels great, flows great and sells great. And, of course, you need the right people to staff your stores. Everything from sales associates to reset teams that transform retail environments overnight. Do you have the top talent in every area, and how do you scale and manage this essential part of operations?
The supply chain challenge isn’t going away.
Many retailers are taking a hard look at their supply chain lines, with an eye to rebalancing their sourcing. There’s a shift away from China, and a move to manufacturers and suppliers closer to their base of operations, whether it be U.S. or Latin America. And of course, you need visibility into that supply chain journey—monitoring shipments as they travel from manufacturer to distribution centers.
Retailers who can evolve their business models will survive and thrive.
Amidst all the upheaval in the retail industry, some business owners are using this opportunity to make changes, develop new brand visions, explore new sales channels and supply sources and pave the way for significant future success. But how can you know where to pivot, or how to innovate?
Our team of more than 60 specialists with retail-industry experience know how to guide troubled brands through everything from managing growth, developing new strategies and implementing turnaround and restructuring services.
That’s what we’re here for, to help you achieve your business goals.
We serve clients in every aspect of retail, from brick-and-mortar stores to large e-commerce operations across a wide range of products including:
- Auto parts
- Beer, wine and liquor
- Cosmetics and beauty products
- Digital products
- Electronics and appliances
- Food and beverages
- Fuel, including electric charging
- and more
We help retailers in several ways, including:
- Strategic Planning Process: assortment planning, inventory management, profit improvement, omnichannel strategies and customer service
- Performance Improvement: efficient use of capital, supply chain, portfolio distribution and performance dashboards
- Technology Consulting: Assisting the transition to online business, predictive data analytics, performance management and RPA & AI applications
- Restructuring: cash flow planning, debt restructuring, go-forward strategy, expert witness testimony in Chapter 11 situations
- M&A Transaction Advisory: due diligence and valuations, synergy assessment, buy and sell side analysis and post-merger integration
- Assurance, accounting and tax, including multi-state and international tax services