James R. Kaufman, CPA
Chairman & Founding Principal
Since co-founding Kaufman Rossin in 1962, James R. Kaufman’s visionary leadership has helped the firm grow into one of the largest accounting firms in the U.S. In addition to serving as founding principal and CEO, Jim sits on the firm’s management committee.
Jim was named one of the South Florida Business Journal’s Top 100 Power Leaders in Accounting in 2013, 2015 and 2016, and he was named Ultimate CEO of Miami-Dade County in 2015. He is also a frequent lecturer.
He pioneered the firm’s “people-first” culture and prioritizes employees’ professional development and wellbeing. Various publications have recognized Kaufman Rossin’s “best place to work” environment, including the South Florida Business Journal, Accounting Today, Florida Trend and Miami Today.
A lifelong supporter of the arts, Jim has been involved with many community organizations over the years and currently sits on the Adrienne Arsht Center Foundation’s board of directors. He is also president of the Four Way Lodge Estates Homeowners Association.
Jim is a Certified Public Accountant in Florida and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He graduated from the University of Florida in 1957 with a bachelor's degree in accounting and is a member of the University Hall of Fame.
- Bachelor of Science. Accounting. University of Florida.
- Best Places to Work Awards 2018: Learn more about the Large Companies winner, finalists
- Kaufman Rossin Named #1 ‘Best Place to Work’ in South Florida
- James R. Kaufman Elected to Adrienne Arsht Center Foundation Board
- 'Our Foundation Is People First'
- Kaufman, Heckaman Recognized as 2016 Top Power Leaders in Accounting
- Region May Soon be Known for Brain Gain, Not Drain
- James R. Kaufman Named a 2015 Ultimate CEO of Miami-Dade
- Chamber Survey: Local Businesses See Bright Future
- Survey: 55% of Miami-Dade Business Leaders Expect to Increase Staff This Year
- Kaufman, Heckaman Recognized as Top 100 Power Leaders in Accounting
- Adding Value: The Evolution of the Accounting Industry in Miami-Dade
- Business of the Year Awards
- James R. Kaufman Recognized as Elite Managing Partner by Accounting Today
- Counting on its Employees
- Business Advisory Board: In Search of Economic Certainty
- James Kaufman Recognized as Top Influencer in the Accounting Industry
- In Miami, Pitching in Adds Up to Three in a Row
- Financial Tips for Startup Entrepreneurs
- Key Partners Award - Blain Heckaman
- Kaufman, Rossin Appoints Blain Heckaman as Managing Principal
- Looking Ahead to the Next 50 Years
- Kaufman, Rossin appoints a new top principal
- Mentorship and advice are central to entrepreneur's success
- Kaufman, Rossin Named Among Nation’s Top 100 Firms by ‘INSIDE Public Accounting’
- New Theatre presents 6th Annual Miami Stories
- Kaufman Rossin Merges in Friedman Cohen
- Kaufman Rossin Welcomes Friedman, Cohen, Taubman and Co. to Firm Family
- Kaufman Rossin Expands With Broward Deal
- Kaufman, Rossin Maintains Title as the 'Best Place to Work' in South Florida
- Are you the Monet of marketing? Join the movement.
- Locally Based Accounting Firms Build Success In A Field Of Heavy Hitters
- In Miami, Years of Wisdom but Young in Health
- Flexibility is Key for Keeping Good Employees
- Joy At Work Translates into Great Client Service
- Best Place to Work
- Advice from the boss: keys to job security
- How to establish an open culture