Risk Advisory Services
Jason Chorlins spearheads forensic and financial service investigative engagements and specializes in money laundering, internal corporate investigations, due diligence and regulatory compliance matters to help clients manage risk.
Jason Chorlins is the banking practice leader of Kaufman Rossin’s risk advisory services practice. He spearheads forensic and financial service investigative engagements and specializes in money laundering, internal corporate investigations, due diligence and regulatory compliance matters to help clients manage risk.
He oversees anti-money laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) consulting engagements and assists financial institutions with transaction look-backs, risk assessments, BSA/AML/OFAC independent testing and customer due diligence reviews. He is an industry leader in assisting financial institutions to perform data and model system calibrations and validations for account and transaction surveillance systems, and performs in-house training for financial institutions across the country.
Since joining Kaufman Rossin in 2007, Jason has advised a wide range of financial institutions from small, privately owned banks to large, multinational institutions in the United States, Central America, South America and the Caribbean.
Jason speaks frequently on BSA/AML and fraud matters across the country, and currently sits on the ACAMS Education Task Force and board of directors of the Southeast Center for Financial Training (CFT). He is a former professor at the University of Missouri-Columbia’s accountancy program and past president of the board of trustees of the FICPA Educational Foundation. He has been recognized by the South Florida Business Journal as one of the top professionals under the age of 40 and Top 26 CPAs under the age of 36 by the Florida Institute of CPAs.
Jason earned a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, a Master of Accountancy and a Certificate in Information Systems from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Florida and Missouri, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP). He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) and Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS).
- Bridging the Gap Between Risk Assessment and Transaction Monitoring
- Feds Widen Hunt for Dirty Money in Miami Real Estate
- Forensic Accounting in the Fight Against Financial Crimes
- Jason Chorlins Promoted to Principal at Kaufman Rossin
- Radio Interview: Feds Crack Down on Cash Buyers of Luxury Real Estate in Miami
- Banks Spending More to Fight Fraud, Meet Regulations
- Kaufman Rossin Designates Five as Director
- Anti-Money Laundering: Challenges of Customer Risk Rating
- Variations in Money Laundering Rules Prove Tricky for Banks
- Kaufman Rossin in the Community: FICPA Educational Foundation
- CAMELS, ROCA Discussion Brings Together Bankers, Regulators
- Compliance Officers Discuss BSA/AML Challenges at Banking Roundtable
- Priorities in an Environment with Increased Enforcement of AML Compliance
- Kaufman Rossin's Jason Chorlins Selected for "40 Under 40" Honors
- 4 Things Bankers Need to Know About Proposed Anti-Money Laundering Law
- 4 Key Takeaways from FIBA’s ‘Ask the Regulators’ Panel
- Get Connected with Florida Banking Professionals
- Kaufman Rossin Promotes Six to Manager
- Kaufman, Rossin's Jason Chorlins Wins FICPA's "26 Under 36" Award
- FICPA Miami-Dade Chapter Raises $20,000 Despite Tropical Storm Bonnie