Jorge Rey, CISA,CISM
Risk Advisory Services
As the Chief Information Security Officer for Kaufman Rossin, Jorge Rey is responsible for the firm’s compliance with federal and state cyber security and information privacy laws and regulations. As the Director of Information Security and Compliance, he brings his expertise in cyber security and information privacy to the firm's clients.
Jorge is a frequent speaker and has been featured in many major publications, including The Miami Herald, ComputerWorld, ABA Banking Journal, Healthcare Fraud, and others. He has been recognized by the South Florida Business Journal as one of top professionals under the age of 40.
He is an adjunct faculty in graduate business and healthcare programs. Jorge serves on the South Florida HIMSS board and is past Chairman of the ARMA Palm Beach Treasure coast.
He is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Certified Information Security Manager (CISM). He holds a master's degree in Information Technology from Nova Southeastern University and a certificate in Administration of Information Security, recognized by the National Security Agency (NSA). He is bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Master of Science, Information Technology, Nova Southeastern University,
- Keep Company Secrets Safe With a Strong Publishing Process
- SEC Issues Interpretive Guidance for Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- IT Security Risk Management — Same Game, New Rules
- Are You Driving Without A Seat Belt? It’s Time to Review Your Cyber Security Program
- Information Security Expert Predicts that the “Enron of Data Breaches” is Coming
- Data Breach Report: Phishing a Top Threat for 2017
- 6 Ways Small Medical Practices Can Thwart Cybercrime
- Business Cyber Attacks Top 4,000 Per Day: Your Guide to Ransomware
- Practical, Legal and Regulatory Considerations for a Hedge Fund Manager’s Web Presence
- Law Firms: What Are You Doing to Protect Your Clients’ Data?
- Cybersecurity’s Role in Big Data
- How Should the Real Estate Industry Approach Cybersecurity?
- Cybersecurity’s Role In Commercial Real Estate
- Don’t Wait for a Cyber Threat to Address Your Data Security Challenges
- Layer Your Defenses as Healthcare Cyber Security Attacks Increase
- What to Do If You are Notified of a HIPAA Desk Audit
- Cyber-Defense: The Cost of Doing Business
- Data Lock Down
- Is Cybersecurity a Priority for Your Investment Firm? It is for Regulators
- Which Company Will Be the Next Cyber Attack Target?
- Time to Get Ready for SEC Cybersecurity Examinations – Phase 2
- Are You Following ALTA Best Practices?
- Cyber Attacks: Your Business is Only as Strong as its Weakest Link
- How Financial Firms Can Meet Cybersecurity Expectations
- What Broker-Dealers and RIAs Should Know About SEC Cyber Security Exams
- Funds Fear Cyber Attacks on Banks
- Desk Audits Are Coming, But What Are They Like?
- More Actions You Can Take to Buttress Your Firm's Cybersecurity
- Be Proactive to Avoid HIPAA Violations
- How to Protect Customer Data from Cyber Criminals
- Keys to Surviving HIPAA
- Warning: Every Business Associate Poses Risk to Your Hospital
- Business Associates Are in Healthcare Data Breach Spotlight This Year
- It’s Time to Comply with New HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- Lessons from Texas Hospital Data Breach: Don’t Let This Happen to You
- New HIPAA rules: Make Sure You Are in Compliance Because Your Liability Has Increased
- Breached: Health Data Security has Sprung an Expensive Leak
- How to Protect Your Business Against Cybercrime
- Get Set: New HIPAA has Teeth
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule – Are You in Compliance with New Breach Notification Requirements?
- Device theft poses greatest risk for health data breaches
- Checklist: Do Your Healthcare Data Safeguards Need a Check-up?
- How Secure is the Health Care Industry?
- Storm safety: Tips for safeguarding your financial records, data
- Keep ePHI off portable devices to secure data: Report
- Medical ID theft: Double danger for doctors
- Healthcare Industry: Are your records at risk?
- HITECH Act Three Years Later - Are Health Records Safe?
- How to Prevent Business Identity Theft
- Create STRONG passwords that you won't forget!
- Should Doctors Stop Patients From Taking Smartphone Pictures?
- Next on Biz Talk radio show: How to Prevent Business Identity Theft
- Miami has IT strengths to build on, not all in the industry
- Preventing a Data Breach and Protecting Health Records
- Keys to Securing Data as a Practitioner
- How to choose the right Service Organization Controls report
- 8 Tips to Defend Against Online Financial Fraud Threats
- Hackers Target South Florida Businesses
- Alert : Business Identity Theft - What Every CFO and CEO Should Know
- Are You Sure Your Data is Secure?
- CEOs and CFOs are more involved in security policy decisions
- What Does the New SSAE No. 16 Audit Report Mean for Banks?
- Carelessness Behind Many Health Data Breaches
- KRCO Study: Healthcare Information Lost, Stolen from 5M Individuals
- Assuring Good Controls at Service Providers is Getting Easier
- From SAS 70 to SSAE No. 16 - and Everything in Between
- If You Think Identity Theft is Solely Your Customer's Problem, Think Again
- Hurricanes are no joke.
- 7 tips to protect your new venture
- Who is guarding your wall?
- Avoid Penalties for not Protecting Health Records: free seminar
- Avoid Penalties for not Protecting Health Records
- Your business could be at risk
- Concerned about vendors who touch your data?
- The best laid plans...implementing document retention policies
- Best practices for litigation readiness
- Millions at stake
- Clean up your room...the risk is real.
- Discuss data security before disaster arises