Maria Toledo, CPA,MST
Maria helps domestic and foreign privately-held companies, closely-held businesses and high-net worth individuals navigate the tax compliance experience as they conduct business and acquire real estate in the U.S.
A leader of the firm’s offshore voluntary disclosure and streamlined procedures program, Maria has counseled more than 100 clients with undisclosed income from offshore accounts to minimize their tax and reduce penalties. She also provides international tax planning and structuring services to foreign clients interested in U.S. real estate. Maria helps them comply with the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA) and obtain withholding certificates.
Maria has worked with international tax clients, including corporations, foreign nationals and expatriates, for more than a decade. When foreigners are interested in establishing businesses in the U.S., Maria works with their attorneys to obtain tax ID numbers and assists clients with pre-immigration tax planning. She also develops accounting strategies for their U.S. business plans and helps them comply with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act.
She is a member of the Ecuadorian American Chamber of Commerce in Miami and the Florida International Bankers Association Women’s Leadership Committee. Maria is director and treasurer of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners’ Miami branch. She leads the firm's diversity initiative, including Kaufman Rossin Empowering Women, dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture and advancing employees’ leadership skills.
Maria is a Certified Public Accountant in Florida and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants. She is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Florida International University,
- Master of Science, Tax, Florida International University,
- FBAR (FinCEN Form 114) Filing Deadline Comes Earlier This Year
- IRS Expands Foreign Assets Reporting Requirement
- Kaufman Rossin’s Maria Toledo Joins STEP Miami Board as Treasurer
- Don't Forget to File the FBAR (FinCEN Form 114) by June 30
- Reminder: File FBAR (FinCEN Form 114) by June 30 to Avoid Penalties
- File New FBAR Form by June 30 to Avoid Penalties
- Understanding Form 8938 - Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets
- Kaufman Rossin Promotes Three Executives
- One More Chance: Amnesty for Offshore Accounts
- Got foreign assets? Beware!