Peter Smith, CVA
Forensic, Advisory and Valuation Services
Peter Smith joined Kaufman Rossin in 2010. He is a director in the forensic, advisory and valuation services department, and one of the directors of the business valuation practice. Peter has extensive experience performing valuations of businesses, business ownership interests, intangible assets, and undivided interests in real estate.
• commercial damage litigation
• shareholder disputes
• marital dissolution
• purchase price allocation (ASC 805)
• goodwill impairment (ASC 350)
• stock options (IRC Section 409A)
• income tax planning and reporting
• estate and gift tax planning and reporting
• buy-sell agreements
• shareholder agreements
• purchase/sale of businesses or business interests
In addition, he provides assurance, forensic accounting, due diligence, internal control assessment, and business consulting services to both public (SEC) and private entities located in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean. His industry experience includes construction, real estate, hospitality, manufacturing/distribution, hedge funds, and banking.
- Bachelor of Science. Accounting. Florida International University.
- Master of Science. Accounting. Florida International University.