Jason Chorlins is the financial services industry practice leader, and spearheads risk management consulting engagements as principal in Kaufman Rossin’s risk advisory services practice. He advises clients on money laundering, internal corporate investigations, due diligence and regulatory compliance matters to help them manage risk.
Since joining Kaufman Rossin in 2007, Jason has advised a wide range of financial institutions from small, privately owned banks to large, multinational institutions in the United States, Central America, South America and the Caribbean.
Jason speaks frequently on BSA/AML and fraud matters across the country, and sits on the ACAMS Education Task Force and board of directors of the Southeast Center for Financial Training (CFT). He is a former professor at the University of Missouri-Columbia’s accountancy program and past president of the board of trustees of the FICPA Educational Foundation. He has been recognized as one of the top professionals under the age of 40 by The South Florida Business Journal, and as one of the Top 26 CPAs under the age of 36 by the Florida Institute of CPAs.
He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Florida and Missouri, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP).
Bachelor of Accounting, University of Missouri
Master of Accountancy, University of Missouri
Certificate in Information Systems , University of Missouri
- Best Practices for BSA/AML/OFAC Risk Assessments, Richmond ACAMS Chapter, 2015
- Monitoring in the Modern Day, Federal Reserve Bank BSA Coalition, 2015
- Computer Forensics, St. Thomas University Graduate Accounting, 2011
- Financial Analytics using ACL, Florida International University Masters of Accounting Program, 2011
- Using Social Media in the Customer Due Diligence Process, Florida International Bankers Association Continuing Professional Education, 2011
- The Fight against Money Laundering, University of Missouri Graduate Accounting Program, 2009
- E-Discovery and Money Laundering, University of Missouri Graduate Accounting Program, 2008
- Computer Fraud, University of Missouri Graduate Accounting Program, 2008