Risk Advisory Services
Jennifer is a former Federal Financial Services Regulator from the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and brings clients more than a decade of consumer compliance management and litigation experience. With her combined experience in the federal government, law firm, and in-house compliance positions, Jennifer offers an uncommonly broad range and depth of consumer compliance expertise in banking and financial service matters.
She regularly advises clients on issues relating to the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). She also guides clients on consumer lending issues under the CARD Act, Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), across all business lines including residential and commercial mortgage products, credit cards, lines of credit, small dollar loans, pay day loans and peer to peer lending. In addition, Jennifer works with clients on security, data breach and payment system issues under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA) and federal and state privacy laws, including the GLBA, HIPAA, ADA, CFAA, FCRA and the Florida FIPA.
Well-respected by her peers, Jennifer was named one of the National Black Lawyers’ “Top 40 under 40” in Banking and Finance in 2016 and 2017. She was also named a fellow of the American Bar Foundation and was selected as a 2016-2017 fellow of the Florida Bar’s William Reece Smith Jr. Leadership Academy. She currently serves as the Vice Chair for the American Bar Association’s consumer financial services committee’s pro bono subcommittee. Additionally, Jennifer serves on the board of directors of the Florida Alliance for Consumer Protection and Catalyst Miami, and is a member of the Florida Bar’s Business law section.
- Juris Doctor. Loyola University.
- Bachelor of Science. Sociology and Interdisciplinary Social Science. Florida State University.
- Consmer Compliance Management: Understanding the Basics and Meeting Regulatory Expectations , ABA Business Law Section Spring Meeting , 2017
- To Decline or to Accept? – Scrutinizaing CFPB’s New Arbitration Rule Proposal, Knowledge Group LIve Webcast , 2016
- The CFPB Guidance on Private Mortgage Insurance Cancellation and Termination: Is Your Firm Comliant? , Knowledge Group Live Webcast , 2016
- CFPB Alerts: Arbitration Clauses in Consumer Financial Products; Amendments to Mortgage Servicing Rules; Other Developments that Can Affect Your Practices, Annual Credit Union Round TAble, 2016
- Maximizing Your Judicial Internship , ABA – Section of Litigation – Judicial Intern Opportunity Program , 2016
- Forging through Florida’s Foreclosure Crisis , Florida Housing Coalition Public Policy Plenary , 2012