Joy A. Batteen leads Kaufman Rossin’s award-winning human resources department and spearheads the firm’s recruiting efforts. An “employee champion,” she develops and implements HR programs echoing the firm’s mission and “people-first” values.
Joy also manages the firm’s wellness initiatives, leading Kaufman Rossin to win the “Best Health & Wellbeing Program” award at the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Excellence in HR Awards.
Before joining the firm in 2007, Joy served as director of recruitment and performance development at a large law firm based in Kansas City, Missouri.
She has received several awards recognizing her leadership and impact, including the “2018 Excellence in Human Resources Award” from South Florida Business & Wealth and “Power Leader in Human Resources” by the South Florida Business Journal in 2016 and 2017. In 2010, the South Florida Business Journal named Joy an “Excellence in Human Resources Honoree.”
Active in the community, Joy participates in P.E.O., Chapter EL (an international philanthropic educational organization), Women of Tomorrow and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Southern Florida Chapter. She is also a member of the Greater Miami Society for Human Resource Management.
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications, University of Kansas,
- Kaufman Rossin Supports Freedom Climb’s Fight Against Human Trafficking
- What Does It Mean to Be a Best Place to Work?
- Joy A. Batteen Receives 2018 Excellence in Human Resources Award
- Joy A. Batteen Recognized as 2017 Power Leader in Human Resources
- Joy Batteen Recognized as 2016 Power Leader in Human Resources
- The Latest Corporate Benefit: the 529 Plan
- Kaufman Rossin Awarded ‘Best Health & Wellbeing Program’ by the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Flex-Time Prevented Employee Burnout
- Florida CPA Firm Has a Gym, Wellness Fair, and Biggest Loser Competition