Louis Balbirer, CPA
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Louis Balbirer is a principal in Kaufman Rossin’s tax services practice and the leader of the firm’s technology industry advisory group. Recognized by the South Florida Business Journal as a Key Partner in 2011, Louis has over 20 years of experience providing various tax and accounting services to his clients. He is a frequent speaker and author and has published articles in The Miami Herald, The Washington Post, Bloomberg BNA and others.
He provides tax compliance, planning, preparation and transaction consulting services to entrepreneurial, private equity, middle market businesses and their owners, and high net worth individuals.
Prior to joining Kaufman Rossin in 2012, he was a partner with a top 100 accounting firm headquartered in McLean, VA.
Louis is engaged in community and professional organizations. He serves on the Board of Directors and Council of Economic Advisors for the Ft. Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, and on the Leadership Council for the Greater Ft. Lauderdale Alliance. He's a member of the South Florida Technology Alliance, and serves as firm representative on the FAU School of Accounting Advisory Council. He's on the Board of Directors of the Rotary Club of Ft. Lauderdale/Cypress Creek and is their Service Chair, as well as serving on the Board of their Charitable Fund.
Louis is a Certified Public Accountant in Florida, Maryland and Virginia and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Tax Section.
- Associate of Science, Accounting, Shepherd University,
- Master of Science, Taxation, American University,
- Technology Companies: Act Now on Year-End Tax Planning
- Top 4 Tax Changes Affecting Individuals Like You
- How the Tax Law Might Affect You ─ and What You Can Do About it
- Beware of the 2017 ‘Dirty Dozen’ Tax Scams this Tax Season
- ID Theft Tops the List in 2016 ‘Dirty Dozen’ Tax Scams
- Tax Planning: Income Tax Changes for Individuals
- Don’t Fall Victim to ‘Dirty Dozen’ Tax Scams of 2015
- Tax Planning: Preparing Your Business for Affordable Care Act Requirements
- Tax Planning: Tax Extenders and What They Mean for Your Business
- Are You Protecting Your Intellectual Property?
- The Dirty Dozen Tax Scams of 2014
- ID Theft: Phone scammers claiming to be IRS are the hot new thing
- Tax Form to List Care Costs a Challenge for Employers
- Podcast: What Your Business Needs to Know About Affordable Care Act
- Last-Minute Small Business Tax Tips for Procrastinators
- Tax, Estate & Financial Planning for an Uncertain ‘Fiscal Cliff’ Landscape
- Time to Plan for 2013 Tax Changes!
- Changes on Horizon Pose Challenges for 2012 Year-End Tax Planning
- Tools for small businesses: Time for a year-end tax check-up
- Critical Year-end Tax Planning Advice for Small Business Owners
- Obamacare means higher taxes for some in 2013
- Strategy for Business Owners as Tax Cuts Near Expiration
- Kaufman, Rossin Hires Louis Balbirer as Director of Tax Services