Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Louis is a frequent speaker and author who has written tax planning articles for local and national publications, including The Miami Herald, The Washington Post and Bloomberg BNA.
Louis Balbirer is a principal in Kaufman Rossin’s tax services practice and the leader of the firm’s technology industry advisory group. Recognized by the South Florida Business Journal as a Key Partner in 2011, Louis has over 20 years of experience providing various tax and accounting services to his clients. He is a frequent speaker and author and has published articles in The Miami Herald, The Washington Post, Bloomberg BNA and others.
He provides tax compliance, planning, preparation and transaction consulting services to entrepreneurial, private equity, middle market businesses and their owners, and high net worth individuals. His industry experience includes:
- architectural services
- educational services
- entrepreneurial businesses
- real estate
Prior to joining Kaufman Rossin in 2012, he was a partner with a top 100 accounting firm headquartered in McLean, VA.
Louis is a Certified Public Accountant in Florida, Maryland and Virginia. He earned a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from Shepherd University and a Master's degree in Taxation from American University Kogod School of Business.
Louis is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Tax Section. He is active in the community as a member of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance's Leadership Council and a board member of the Rotary Club of Fort Lauderdale/Cypress Creek.
- How the Tax Reform Act Impacts the Technology Industry
- Top 4 Tax Changes Affecting Individuals Like You
- Top 4 Tax Changes That Can Impact Your Business
- How the Tax Law Might Affect You ─ and What You Can Do About it
- The Tax Factor
- Beware of the 2017 ‘Dirty Dozen’ Tax Scams this Tax Season
- ID Theft: Phone scammers claiming to be IRS are the hot new thing
- ID Theft Tops the List in 2016 ‘Dirty Dozen’ Tax Scams
- Tax Form to List Care Costs a Challenge for Employers
- Tax Planning: Income Tax Changes for Individuals
- Don’t Fall Victim to ‘Dirty Dozen’ Tax Scams of 2015
- Podcast: What Your Business Needs to Know About Affordable Care Act
- Tax Planning: Preparing Your Business for Affordable Care Act Requirements
- Tax Planning: Tax Extenders and What They Mean for Your Business
- Are You Protecting Your Intellectual Property?
- The Dirty Dozen Tax Scams of 2014
- Last-Minute Small Business Tax Tips for Procrastinators
- Tax, Estate & Financial Planning for an Uncertain 'Fiscal Cliff' Landscape
- Time to Plan for 2013 Tax Changes!
- Changes on Horizon Pose Challenges for 2012 Year-End Tax Planning
- Tools for small businesses: Time for a year-end tax check-up
- Critical Year-end Tax Planning Advice for Small Business Owners
- Obamacare means higher taxes for some in 2013
- Strategy for Business Owners as Tax Cuts Near Expiration
- Kaufman, Rossin Hires Louis Balbirer as Director of Tax Services