Assurance and Advisory Services, Consulting and Forensic Accounting Services
Pat has led internal and external investigations, FCPA investigations, Ponzi scheme analyses and other forensic accounting investigations.
Patrick Gannon leads internal and external financial and fraud investigations, ranging from FCPA investigations to Ponzi scheme analyses. He often works directly with regulators, including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Department of Justice. He has served as a receiver, as accountant to other receivers and as accountant to trustees in various matters.
As an expert witness, Pat has testified about general business damages, lost profits, diminished business value, breach of contract damages, intellectual property damages, employment damages, alter-ego issues, equitable distribution, internal controls, accounting and other related topics. Pat has also testified in dozens of commercial litigation matters and has qualified as an expert in many federal and state county courts, including:
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Circuit Court, Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Circuit Court, Broward County, Florida
- Circuit Court, Palm Beach County, Florida
- Circuit Court, Alachua County, Florida
- Circuit Court, Leon County, Florida
- American Arbitration Association
- International Division of the American Arbitration Association
He has assisted public and private entities in various industries since joining Kaufman Rossin in 1989, including banking, healthcare, construction, manufacturing and distribution and technology. The South Florida Business Journal recognized Pat as one of the “Power Leaders in Health Care” from 2011 to 2013.
Pat graduated from Florida International University with a bachelor's degree in accounting. He earned a master’s degree in professional accountancy from the University of Miami.
Pat is a board member and committee member of Educate Tomorrow, a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants and National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts.
He is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of Florida, Certified Valuation Analyst, Certified in Financial Forensics and Accredited in Business Valuations. He received training from the American Arbitration Association and is eligible to serve as a neutral arbitrator.
- Kaufman Rossin’s Patrick Gannon Honored by The Education Fund
- Kaufman, Rossin's Patrick Gannon Recognized as "Power Leader in Healthcare" by the South Florida Business Journal
- Kaufman Rossin CPAs Named South Florida Legal Guide's Top CPAs
- Forensic CPAs: A Key Resource for Coporate Counsel
- Mark-to-market: an explanation for the rest of us