Raul focuses on helping clients reach their financial goals, whether related to tax, audit, business consulting or other entrepreneurial services.
Raul Garcia leads both audit and tax engagements for clients across the investment industry, including hedge funds, private equity funds, registered investment advisors, broker-dealers and venture capital funds. He takes a hands-on approach when counseling clients and involves himself in every step of the auditing process, walking clients through policies, procedures and examinations to deliver quality reporting.
He focuses on helping clients reach their financial goals, whether related to tax, audit, business consulting or other entrepreneurial services. As an engagement partner on these projects, Raul oversees compliance and advises clients on assurance, tax planning and business strategies.
Since joining Kaufman Rossin in 1998, Raul has become a trusted adviser not only to clients, but also to employees ― in and out of the office. In addition to mentoring his team and guiding staff throughout tax engagements and audits, he coaches the firm’s softball team and participates in the Kaufman Rossin Empowering Women (KREW) diversity committee.
He is a Certified Public Accountant in Florida, a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Florida State University. He is bilingual in English and Spanish.
Raul is also a leader in the community. He is president of the Miami Finance Forum, an organization composed of South Florida’s leaders in finance, investment management, banking and capital markets. With his expertise in the investments industry, Raul has been featured in publications such as Forbes.com, Hedge Fund Law Report, Hedgefund.net, Privateequity.net and Latin Business Chronicle.
Raul is chair of the Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade and supports the preservation of green spaces. In this role, he secures funding for projects such as the Underline, which is transforming spaces below Miami’s Metrorail into an urban trail. He is also an advisory council member of the Arts & Business Council of Miami, through which he supports the National Endowment for the Arts. In addition, Raul presents before the Board of County Commissioners for Miami-Dade County.
- Kaufman Rossin in the Community: Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade
- Kaufman Rossin’s Raul A. Garcia Appointed to Miami Finance Forum Board of Directors
- Florida Real Estate Primed for Wave of Private Equity Financing
- South Florida: Low-Tax, High-Appeal Alternative for Fund Managers
- New Cayman Islands Monetary Authority Law Requires Directors to Register
- Hedge Fund Executives Explore Trends in New 'Wall Street South'
- Accountants and the Arts: Arts Biz Dialogue Featuring Kaufman Rossin
- Why South Florida is Ripe to Attract the Wealthy -- and Their Advisers
- Kaufman Rossin Promotes Raul A. Garcia to Principal
- Year-End Tax Tasks For Newlyweds
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts-Use Your Gift Tax Exemption Without Giving It All Away
- Pocket Due Diligence Checklist
- Southern Exposure: The Rise of Latin America's Markets
- Distrust And Disenchantment With IRS Make Reform Inevitable
- Latin American Growth Engine Just Getting Going
- So You're Thinking of Investing in Latin America? You Better Hurry!
- New FX Law Hurts Venezuela
- ¿Dónde Están Las Hipotecas Basura?