Raul Garcia, CPA
Raul Garcia leads both audit and tax engagements for clients across the investment industry, including hedge funds, private equity funds, registered investment advisors, broker-dealers and venture capital funds. He takes a hands-on approach when counseling clients and involves himself in every step of the auditing process, walking clients through policies, procedures and examinations to deliver quality reporting.
Since joining the firm in 1998, Raul has mentored and guided staff throughout tax engagements and audits, coaches the firm’s softball team and participates in the Kaufman Rossin Empowering Women (KREW) diversity committee.
With his expertise in the investments industry, Raul has been featured in publications such as Forbes.com, Hedge Fund Law Report, Hedgefund.net, Privateequity.net and Latin Business Chronicle.
Raul is president of the Miami Finance Forum and chair of the Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade. He is also an advisory council member of the Arts & Business Council of Miami. In addition, Raul presents before the Board of County Commissioners for Miami-Dade County.
He is a Certified Public Accountant in Florida, a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He is bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Associate of Arts, Florida International University,
- Bachelor of Arts, Accounting, Florida State University,
- South Florida: Low-Tax, High-Appeal Alternative for Fund Managers
- New Cayman Islands Monetary Authority Law Requires Directors to Register
- Hedge Fund Executives Explore Trends in New ‘Wall Street South’
- Florida Real Estate Primed for Wave of Private Equity Financing
- Accountants and the Arts: Arts Biz Dialogue Featuring Kaufman Rossin
- Why South Florida is Ripe to Attract the Wealthy — and Their Advisers
- Kaufman Rossin Promotes Raul A. Garcia to Principal
- Year-End Tax Tasks For Newlyweds
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts-Use Your Gift Tax Exemption Without Giving It All Away
- Pocket Due Diligence Checklist
- Southern Exposure: The Rise of Latin America’s Markets
- Distrust And Disenchantment With IRS Make Reform Inevitable
- Latin American Growth Engine Just Getting Going
- So You’re Thinking of Investing in Latin America? You Better Hurry!
- New FX Law Hurts Venezuela
- ¿Dónde Están Las Hipotecas Basura?
- Steps for Starting a New Hedge Fund
- Alternative Investments Industry Insights