Estate & Trust Services
Boca Raton, FL
Scott is the President Elect of the Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council.
Scott Goldberger leads Kaufman Rossin’s estate and trust practice for Broward and Palm Beach counties. He specializes in developing and implementing sophisticated estate planning strategies for high-net-worth individuals and families.
Prior to joining the firm in 2012, Scott practiced estate, trust and tax law for nine years in New York City and South Florida. His law background and tax expertise provide a solid foundation for advising clients on estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxation, asset protection planning, and tax compliance for estates and trusts. He helps clients identify estate planning techniques to effectively help them reach their goals, including: intra-family loans, family limited partnerships, valuation discounts, grantor retained annuity trusts, charitable lead trusts, and sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts.
An author and speaker, Scott has been featured in The New York Times, Trusts & Estates, and Florida Trend, among other publications.
Scott holds a Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center. He received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accounting, with a specialization in taxation, from the University of Florida. He is licensed to practice law in Florida and New York.
Scott is active in both civic and charitable community organizations. He is the President Elect of the Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council, and he serves on the steering committees for the annual Palm Beach County Wealth & Estate Planning Seminar and the Joint Tax & Estate Planning Seminar in Broward County. In addition, he is a member of IMPACT Young Ambassadors, which supports the Memorial & Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital foundations. He also serves on the Board of Trustees of the Jacobson Jewish Community Foundation of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County and on the George Snow Scholarship Fund’s Professional Advisory Council.
- Treasury Wants to End Tax Deal for Some Family-Owned Businesses
- Proposed Rules Threaten Valuation Discounts for Family Businesses
- Estates Must File New Tax Form to Avoid Penalties
- Act Now to Save on Estate, Gift Taxes Before Interest Rates Rise
- 10 Tax Moves
- What SCOTUS Same-Sex Marriage Decision Means for Your Taxes
- Don’t Wait to Take Advantage of This Estate Planning Technique
- How to Use Today’s Low Interest Rates to Save Estate and Gift Taxes
- State of the Same-Sex Union: A Tax Perspective
- Protecting Inherited IRAs from Creditors
- Tax Law Changes May Have Rendered Your Will or Trust Obsolete
- Year-End Planning: Take Advantage of Expiring Tax Breaks
- What Will Happen to Your Business When You Die?
- How to minimize income taxes for estates, trusts and beneficiaries
- New Ways to Minimize Income Taxes for Estates, Trusts and Beneficiaries
- Minimizing Income Taxes for Estates, Trusts and Beneficiaries—Learn the New Rules
- Don't Forget the QPRT - Taking Another Look at Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts-Use Your Gift Tax Exemption Without Giving It All Away
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts - Use your gift tax exemption without giving it all away
- Scott L. Goldberger Joins Kaufman, Rossin as Estate and Trust Director