Robert Kaufman, CPA
Robert A. Kaufman leads audit, tax, performance and other attestation engagements for domestic and offshore hedge funds, broker-dealers, commodity pools, CFTC-regulated entities and affiliated management companies.
In addition, Rob provides advisory services to clients across the financial services industry. He develops organizational planning strategies and offers clients a variety of transactional consulting services.
Rob joined Kaufman Rossin in 1989. He co-founded and led the firm’s award-winning fund administration practice, which Kaufman Rossin recently sold to a public entity.
He has served on the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Investment Company Expert Panel and related committees for several years. He assisted the panel with various projects, including reviewing updated audit guides.
Rob is a Certified Public Accountant in Florida and Georgia, and he is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Florida.
- Bachelor of Science. Accounting. University of Florida.
- Don’t Get Snared by the SEC’s Custody Rule
- The Use of Benchmarks to Measure Hedge Fund Performance by Pension Funds and Institutional Investors (Part 1 of 2)
- IRS Concludes Certain Investment Activities Give Rise to U.S. Trade or Business
- Kaufman Rossin's Robert Kaufman Appointed to AICPA Expert Panel for 2014-15
- Video: HFA Hedge Fund 101 Masterclass
- Kaufman Rossin's Robert Kaufman Appointed to Serve on AICPA Panel for 2013-2014
- Kaufman Rossin’s Robert Kaufman Appointed Volunteer with AICPA
- Hedge Funds: Five mistakes to avoid at start-up