Rob has served on the AICPA’s Investment Company Expert Panel.
Robert A. Kaufman joined the Firm in 1989 and is one of the technical leaders of the Firm's financial services practice, including U.S. and foreign regulatory reporting and compliance.
Rob's practice area is focused on providing audit, tax, and performance and other attestation services for domestic and off-shore hedge funds, broker-dealers, commodity pools and other CFTC regulated entities as well as for the affiliated management companies. He is also involved in advisory services related to the financial services industry, providing strategic and organizational planning along with other transactional consulting.
He earned an Accounting degree from the University of Florida.
Rob has served on the AICPA’s Investment Company Expert Panel and related committees for more than 3 years, and currently has been assisting the Panel with various projects, including the review of the updated Audit Guide for 2016. He is a Certified Public Accountant in the states of Florida and Georgia.
Rob is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Your Step-By-Step Hedge Fund Guide
- Don’t Get Snared by the SEC’s Custody Rule
- The Use of Benchmarks to Measure Hedge Fund Performance by Pension Funds and Institutional Investors (Part 1 of 2)
- IRS Concludes Certain Investment Activities Give Rise to U.S. Trade or Business
- Kaufman Rossin's Robert Kaufman Appointed to AICPA Expert Panel for 2014-15
- Video: HFA Hedge Fund 101 Masterclass
- Kaufman Rossin's Robert Kaufman Appointed to Serve on AICPA Panel for 2013-2014
- Kaufman Rossin’s Robert Kaufman Appointed Volunteer with AICPA
- Hedge Funds: Five mistakes to avoid at start-up