Carlos A. Somoza, JD
Carlos Somoza leads Kaufman Rossin’s international tax services practice. He has 20 years of experience in federal income, gift and estate taxation. He has served clients in the private and public industries, advising them in the areas of international taxation, taxable acquisitions and tax-free reorganizations, IRS litigation and related tax compliance.
Carlos is involved with the Florida International University, serving as the treasurer of the FIU Honors College Advisory Board. He also serves as the Treasurer of the South Florida District Export Council, a group that complements the export promotion efforts of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. He is a member of the Christopher Columbus Alumni Association.
In addition, he has been involved with the Miami-Dade Legal Aid “Put Something Back” program, offering legal and tax services to indigent clients. He is bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Florida International University,
- Master of Laws, Taxation, University of Miami,
- Juris Doctor, University of Miami,
- “How to Invest in the United States”, Quebec-Florida Chamber of Commerce, 2018
- “Considerations for Privately Owned Businesses Expanding into or from the United States”, United States – Mexico Chamber of Commerce, 2018
- IRS Provides Guidance on New Transition Tax for International Businesses
- How the New Tax Law Impacts U.S. Businesses With Outbound Operations
- How Will Trump's Tax Attack Impact Global FDI?
- Treasury Identifies 3 International Tax Regulations as Potentially Burdensome
- Got Unpaid Taxes? Your Passport May Soon be Revoked or Denied
- New Reporting Requirements for Foreign-Owned Disregarded Entities
- Haven’t Used Your ITIN? Don’t Let It Expire if You Plan to File a Return in 2017
- 2016 Annual Reports due May 1 for Florida Companies
- Radio Interview: IRS Removes Cuba From Sanctioned Country List
- PATH Act Encourages Foreign Investment in U.S. Real Estate
- How This Obama Move Impacts Foreign Investors
- Deadline Approaching for U.S. Taxpayers Abroad to Request 2-Month Extension
- Four Things You Need to Know About FATCA
- Morgan Stanley Tightens Its Overseas Client Service
- Think FATCA Requirements Only Apply to Foreign Entities? Think Again
- Why Foreign Investors Should Beware of FATCA
- Settling in Europe: 3 Considerations When Opening European Bank Account
- Florida Companies Must File Annual Report by May 1
- Kaufman Rossin's Carlos Somoza to Discuss Doing Business in Mexico
- Exporters Can Save Big on Taxes with IC-DISC Election
- 2-Month Extension Gives Taxpayers Abroad More Time to File
- IRS Eases FATCA Enforcement During ‘Transition Period’
- May 1 is the Annual Report Filing Deadline for Florida Companies
- Kaufman Rossin's Carlos Somoza Presents International Tax Strategies
- Don’t Wait to e-File FBAR Form; Kaufman Rossin Can Help Now!
- Ahorra en impuestos al invertir en bienes raÃces en Miami
- 5 Mistakes Foreign Buyers Make
- Latin America Pervades Economy, from Job Market to Banking, Real Estate
- Florida Companies Must File 2013 Annual Report by May 1
- Carlos Somoza Advises on Investing in U.S. Real Estate at French-American Chamber Seminar
- Carlos Somoza Discusses Doing Business in Florida at the Spain-USA Investment and Business Cooperation Forum
- Carlos A. Somoza Joins Kaufman, Rossin as Principal