Kaufman Rossin Promotes 8 to Principal
Kaufman Rossin, one of the top 100 CPA and advisory firms in the U.S. announced the promotion of eight professionals to principal. In its continued commitment to growth and professional development, the firm is proud to recognize the careers of these talented leaders.
- Louis Guay is a principal in the tax department. He leads Kaufman Rossin’s research and development (R&D) tax and cost segregation service lines. He assists clients across several industries, including aerospace, banking, biotechnology, construction, food and beverage, healthcare, manufacturing and technology. Louis also leads a specialized team that conducts engineering-based cost segregation studies to help provide significant tax savings for real estate developers and investors.
- Melinda Mergelsberg is a principal in the forensic, advisory and valuation services group. She provides litigation support, forensic accounting, tax and estate planning services, financial reporting, and management advisory services for clients in matrimonial and civil matters. She currently leads a team that performs equitable distribution analyses, needs analyses and co-mingling analyses, prepares financial affidavits, and interprets child support guidelines. She also provides expert testimony and assistance at trials, mediations, depositions, and throughout the discovery process.
- Adam Rabinowitz is a principal in the forensic, advisory and valuation services group. He has over 12 years of experience providing corporations and law firms with expert witness and litigation consulting services related to valuation and economic damages. He also assists attorneys with complex valuation issues. He primarily applies his expertise within the context of breach of contract, intellectual property infringement, fraud, and corporate dissolution and dissenting shareholder related disputes.
- Jorge Rey is a principal in the risk advisory services group. He is also the Chief Information Security Officer and the firm’s Cybersecurity and Compliance Principal. He has notable experience in information management and governance, IT security, risk management, technology and consulting. He manages and performs a variety of cybersecurity and compliance assessments as well as SOC reports for companies in the financial services, healthcare, and technology industries.
- Terri Richards is a principal in the entrepreneurial services group. She provides a variety of services including financial statement reviews and compilations for closely-held businesses, and tax planning and compliance for corporations, partnerships and high-net worth individuals. She brings a focused expertise in financial reporting and taxation of construction clients. She also provides QuickBooks consulting and training as a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
- Eliot Schellenberg is a principal in the forensic, advisory and valuation services department. He provides forensic and accounting services to clients throughout South Florida relating to family law matters. He brings extensive experience in litigation consulting, complex accounting, forensic accounting, and financial matters. He has served clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, banking and tobacco, as well as professional athletes.
- Maria Toledo is a principal in the international tax practice. Maria helps domestic and foreign privately-held companies, closely-held businesses and high-net worth individuals navigate the tax compliance experience as they conduct business and acquire real estate in the U.S. She leads the firm’s diversity initiative, including Kaufman Rossin Empowering Women, dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture and advancing employees’ leadership skills.
- James Wolcott is a principal in the business consulting practice. He focuses on transaction advisory, performance improvement, and corporate finance and strategy consulting. He has provided consulting services to many of the world’s leading organizations on issues of corporate finance and strategy, performance improvement, transaction and capital advisory, and financial planning and analysis.